ALTE Services Unit Administrator
ALTE – the Association of Language Testers in Europe – is looking to appoint a freelance administrator to support the ALTE Services Unit Manager from June 2023.
The role is for up to 8 hours a week and can be done remotely.
What the role involves
- Support the ALTE Services Manager in administrative tasks
- Support the ALTE Services Unit with the organisation of ALTE courses
- Maintain a clear and easy to use database of all necessary documentation and files
- Provide support for online events, via MS Teams
- Provide support and help with the organisation of other events by the ALTE Services Unit
- Update the website with relevant information, such as upcoming courses or events organised by the ALTE Services Unit
- Provide support to the ALTE Secretariat at peak times with travel arrangements, budget creation, meeting support and minutes,
and other ad-hoc admin tasks.
What the applicant should be able to demonstrate
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent MS Suite skills, including MS Teams
- Experience in administration in educational settings
- Excellent file management skills
- Experience in working for an international organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent intercultural communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently both autonomously and collaboratively
- Minimum of Bachelors’ level education or equivalent (desired)
- High proficiency in English and one other European language (at least C1 level each)
- Familiarity with the work of ALTE and its objectives (desired)
- The post is offered as an freelance consultancy role, i.e. the person appointed is responsible for paying for their own taxes and
- Payment is €20/hour.
expectation is that the Services Unit Administrator would typically work up to
8 hours a week for the contract period
and would invoice ALTE for hours worked.
- Hours can be flexible to suit, although occasionally would be required at pre-arranged times (meetings etc.)
- The first contract period is from 1 June 2023 to 31 December 2023.
- Subject to a review in December 2023, a new contract period may begin in January 2024.
- The role should be carried out from home (a location within the EU, UK, Switzerland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Iceland).
For more information, or to apply, please email email@example.com. Applicants should send in their CV and a one page cover letter
by the closing date of Tuesday, 11th April 2023.
Interviews will be held online on Tuesday, 9th May 2023.